Why is Orthodontics Important?
Attaining an attractive smile and improved self-image are only two benefits of orthodontic treatment. Orthodontics can also work to alleviate and prevent physical health problems that might impact your overall health. Without treatment, orthodontic problems can lead to gum disease, bone loss, tooth decay, chewing and digestive problems, speech impairments, tooth loss or excess wearing down of the teeth and other dental conditions that can cause lasting effects on your overall health.
Why should you choose an orthodontic specialist?
Teeth, and sometimes entire facial structures, are permanently changed by orthodontic treatment. It is important that the treatment be appropriate and properly completed. All orthodontists are dentists however only 6% of dentists are orthodontists. Orthodontists attend an additional two to three years of a residency after dental school to specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of dental and facial irregularities.
To ensure that you are receiving orthodontic treatment from a qualified practitioner, make sure to choose a doctor that belongs to the the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO). Dr. Pecora, Dr. Bloomberg, and Dr. Burkhardt are all members of the AAO, as well as many other professional associations, so you can rest assured you are receiving the highest quality of care.
- Dr. Pecora, Dr. Bloomberg, Dr. Burkhardt and their team believe that it is their responsibility to provide each and every patient with the finest orthodontic care available to create a healthy, beautiful smile.
- Our office provides state-of-the-art facilities, sophisticated techniques, and technologically advanced equipment, including digital radiography and digital photographic imaging, allow us to properly diagnose and treat potential orthodontic problems effectively.
- We care about our patients and their families as well as our fellow team members.
- We want each patient to feel special in the way they are treated at our office.
- Our staff is highly skilled and passionate about their jobs.
- A high energy practice, we love to have fun and to laugh!
- Our goal is to make your orthodontic experience exceptional and rewarding with long-lasting results.
- We do our best to give you more than straight teeth and a fabulous smile. We strive to give you a reason to smile!